The study of personality types by shapes in my communications course made me think of how I’ve lived my life (so far) at counter current of most people.
– I had a great career before I was 30, with a big salary.
– I ditched the career for more interesting things.
– I traveled around the world and have been to places where not many “Western” people have been.
– I generally don’t make reservations other than a (“open”) plane ticket.
– I took once a job without pay, because it was more exciting than the jobs with pay.
– I came from Europe to live in the USA with two suitcases and a tourist visa. (Some of my Swiss friends predicted that I would be back within six months. That was 13 years ago.)
– I lived for five years in an RV, full time (without another residence), traveling through the United States.
– I have moved several times without knowing where my new home would be.
– I had my son (my only child) when I was 43 and totally love being a mom!!!
– I started college at 51
I’m not sure what I’ll do next, after I finish my studies. I doubt that I’ll “just sit there” and have an ordinary job… 🙂
Oh yes, the personality types, as per Dr. Susan Dellinger…
Here are a couple of links, so that you can check it out yourself: